Magic of the Frame - Teach with documentary film!
- Grant: 356 488 EUR
Partner Countries: Hungary, Bulgaria, Netherlands, Lithuania
Leader: Palantír Film Visual Anthropological Foundation
The project will last 36 months, from 2022 to 2024.
The project’s objectives are to help secondary school teachers to connect to and guide young people. This we hope to achieve by the making of a new method to highlight the importance of the social issues, using documentary films – helped along with collecting knowledge in the field, film screenings and workshops, and collecting data through students’ feedback, in order to produce effective tools to bring students closer to reality in a protected environment and thus offer a model to the teachers and other educators.
The project’s primary target group are secondary school teachers, willing to tackle social issues in class and open to using documentary in education.
By developing a curriculum for the use of documentary in schools we hope to give a useful tool for teachers and educators in order to form young people’s minds – to lead them back to reality before it gets too late.
We want to gather teachers who are curious about new methods, are interested in films and like to watch them.
We want to create a platform that inspires participants of the project and possible future users, and creates awareness and build resilience and knowledge for a conducive teaching and learning environment.
We also wish:
- to foster the use of documentaries which give a sensitive and sensual portrayal of segments of reality with loveable, real- life protagonists and - in general - have an anthropological approach.
- Develop a method for teachers to improve and maximize their knowledge.
- Introduce a new mindset - use the potential of the documentaries.
- Students - soft skills development, fostering mutual understanding.
- Teachers can understand better the new generation - intergenerational gap decrease
We are planning to prepare a whole range of project results:
- a curriculum (R1)
- an online database (R2)
- a tutorial video about the organizing of field trips (R3)
- a professional video diary of the project (R4)
- a pedagogical manual (R5)
- a survey on students’ viewing habits (R6)
- a short training course for teachers, adapted to 4 countries (R7)
- a manual (a multimedia tool) about student feedback (R8)
- a toolkit/exercise book on good practices (R9)
We also plan 5 short training activities, and 8 multiplier events that will help us in disseminating project results.